Pre-Chat window is a window where your visitors need to enter their information before initiating a chat request. It helps agents to know more about visitors before accepting their chats. You can customize the pre-chat window according to your needs.
By default, the pre-chat window is disabled. Follow the instructions below to enable and customize your pre-chat window.
Step by Step Instructions
- Log into your Comm100 account.
- Click Campaign from the left menu list.
- Go to the Pre-Chat tab and choose Enable to enable your Pre-chat window.
Note: If you have multiple campaigns, you need to first choose the one you are using.
- Set the Team Name, if enable the display of Agent Avatars, define Greeting Message, and choose social login options if you need.
Note: If you want to set up the Window Title, you must use the Popup Chat Window type.
- Scroll down the page and set the Visible and Required fields for the pre-chat window. You can also add more fields to collect visitor data based on your business needs.
- Click Save Changes to save all the settings.
Now you have successfully customized your pre-chat window. The new settings will take effect automatically and immediately. You can refresh your website and see how the settings work to your satisfaction.