A department represents a business unit in your organization with specific responsibilities. Departments help you assign incoming visitors to the most suitable agents. You can create multiple departments to group your agents according to their responsibilities.
Please note that the department feature is only available in Comm100 Live Chat Business and Enterprise Edition. Click here to compare the features available on different versions.
Step by Step Instructions
- Log in to your Comm100 account.
- Go to Global Settings on the top menu.
- Go to People > Departments and enable the department feature.
- Click New Department to create a new live chat department.
- Enter the Name and the Description to identify the department and then add agent(s) to the department.
- Select the recipient of the offline messages sent to this Department.
- Click OK to save the configuration.
Now, you have successfully created a new live chat department and our system will automatically assign incoming chats and offline messages to the assigned departments.