With Comm100 Live Chat, you can automatically invite visitors to chat with you based on pre-defined rules. However, in some scenarios, you might only want to target visitors who are accessing your desktop websites and remove auto-invitation capabilities for visitors accessing your website from a mobile device.
You can disable Auto Invitation for mobile websites by setting up Custom Variable, which checks whether your visitors are visiting your websites from mobile devices. Then you can use this Custom Variable value as a Condition in the Auto Invitation.
Step by Step Instructions
- Log into your Comm100 account.
- Click Integrations & API, then Custom Variable, and Settings.
- Click on New Custom Variable.
- Define a Variable Name of your choice. The following example is defined as “From Mobile”.
- Select Type as Text, and Value as:
/mobile|android|ipad/.test(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase()) ? "Yes": "No"
- Click Save.
- Now go the Campaign, then Invitation menu.
- Click on the Auto Invitation that you wish to disable on mobile-optimized websites.
- Add one more Condition using Custom Variable as From Mobile is No.
- Click Ok.
- Click Save Changes.
The configuration is now complete and your live chat system will not send Auto Invitations when visitors access your websites via mobile devices.