In this article we’ll explain the system requirements of Comm100 Live Chat, covering requirements on the server side, visitor side, agent side (Control Panel and Agent Console), and requirements for Audio & Video Chat.
Requirements on Server Side
Comm100 Live Chat is hosted on Comm100 servers, so there is no requirement on the server side for you.
Whether you are using Windows, Linux, ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, SQL Server, MySQL or other technologies, you can fully integrate Comm100 Live Chat into your website.
Requirements on Visitor Side
Your visitors only need a web browser to initiate a chat request through Comm100 Live Chat. Comm100 Live Chat supports all major browsers on all major operating systems:
- For visitors who are using operating systems with Windows, macOS, and Linux, supported web browsers include Internet Explorer 9 or above, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari.
- For Android visitors, supported browsers include Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- For iOS visitors, supported browsers include Google Chrome and Safari.
Requirements on Agent Side
Comm100 Live Chat agent side has two parts: Control Panel and Agent Console.
In Comm100 Control Panel, you can manage all your live chat settings and customizations, and view your chat history, reports etc.
Only a web browser is required to use Comm100 Live Chat control panel. Comm100 Live Chat supports all major browsers on all major operating systems. The supported web browsers include Internet Explorer 11 or above, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari.
Agent Console – Web App
Our latest web version Agent Console has been created with HTML 5, which offers the best compatibility working across multiple devices and platforms. The Comm100 Live Chat Web App supports all major browsers on all major operating systems. The supported web browsers include:
- Internet Explorer 11 or above
- Microsoft Edge 14 or above
- Google Chrome 49 or above
- Mozilla Firefox 51 or above
- Safari 10 or above
Agent Console – Desktop App
- Windows 7 or above
- Both ia32 (x86) and x64 (amd64) binaries are supported. The ARM version of Windows is not supported for now
- An Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that’s SSE2 capable
- 512 MB of RAM (1 GB RAM for 32-bit or 2 GB RAM for 64-bit are recommended)
- macOS version 10.9 or above
- An Intel® processor that’s 64-bit
- 512MB of RAM (2 GB RAM are recommended for OS X Mavericks)
Mobile Apps of Agent Console
Comm100 Live Chat mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices allow you to stay connected with your website visitors, capturing sales opportunities and allowing you to serve your customers while on the go.
The iOS App is supported on iOS 8.0 or above and compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The Android App requires Android 4.0 or above.
Audio & Video Chat Requirements
Comm100’s Audio & Video Chat is built upon WebRTC communications protocols, which support popular browsers and operating systems. For visitors to initiate audio and video chat requests when using Google Chrome, your website must adopt HTTPS secure web protocol.
Supported Browsers and Corresponding Platforms
- Google Chrome (supported on Windows, macOS, Android).
- Mozilla Firefox (supported on Windows, macOS, Android).
- Safari 11.0 or above (supported on iOS 11, macOS).
Requirements for both the visitor side and agent side are the same, as reflected above. If your agent uses the desktop app version of our Agent Console, they can always launch audio and video chat as long as this feature is enabled in your account.